Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party (MVMCP) is a very special holiday event that takes place at the Magic Kingdom park in Walt Disney World, located in Orlando, Florida. Despite having a day ticket to the Magic Kingdom, a Christmas party ticket is separately needed.
In 2023, Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party will be held at Magic Kingdom on selected evenings during the Christmas festive season. You can walk through the park and enjoy melodies of festive joy and eye catching glimpses of Disney Characters dressed for the holidays. Throughout the festival, there are magical holiday performances and surprises around every corner.
Ticket holders can watch Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks, be captivated by Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade, click memorable holiday photos with cherished Disney pals in festive attire, and immerse themselves in the vibrant decorations emblematic of the holiday spirit.
For an in-depth guide on Christmas at Walt Disney World, see our Ultimate Guide. Also, check out our Walt Disney World Trip Planning Guide for further tips.
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party 2023 at Magic Kingdom
November & December 2023
- Exclusive fireworks & parade with snowfall on Main Street
- Stage show and other holiday-themed entertainment
- Unlimited cookies and hot chocolate
- Shorter attraction lines, including the new TRON Lightcycle Run
- Release Date: July 6, 2023
- Booking: Online or call 407-939-4240
- Special Booking: Walt Disney World resort guests and select third-party hotels (Swan & Dolphin, Shades of Green) can purchase NOW.
- Pricing: Ranges from $159 to $199
- Important Note: Tickets may not sell out immediately.
MVMCP 2023 party dates and prices:
General Tickets are now available for purchase for all guests! Here are the MVMCP 2023 party dates and prices:
|DATE||TICKET PRICE AGES 10 AND UP (+TAX)||TICKET PRICE AGES 3-9 (+TAX)|
|Thu, Nov. 9||$169||$159|
|Fri, Nov. 10||$169||$159|
|Mon, Nov. 13||$159||$149|
|Tue, Nov. 14||$159||$149|
|Thur, Nov. 16||$159||$149|
|Fri, Nov. 17||$169||$159|
|Sun, Nov. 19||$189||$179|
|Tue, Nov. 21||$189||$179|
|Wed, Nov. 22||$189||$179|
|Sun, Nov. 26||$179||$169|
|Tue, Nov. 28||$179||$169|
|Thu, Nov. 30||$179||$169|
|Fri, Dec. 1||$179||$169|
|Sun, Dec. 3||$179||$169|
|Tue, Dec. 5||$179||$169|
|Thu, Dec. 7||$179||$169|
|Fri, Dec. 8||$189||$179|
|Sun, Dec. 10||$189||$179|
|Tue, Dec. 12||$189||$179|
|Thu, Dec. 14||$189||$179|
|Fri, Dec. 15||$189||$179|
|Sun, Dec. 17||$189||$179|
|Thu, Dec. 21||$199||$189|
|Fri, Dec. 22||$199||$189|
Feedback from Past Years:
- Crowds have grown despite higher prices.
- Event reputation has waned in recent years, yet its popularity remains due to FOMO.
- Main Street is especially crowded during parades, fireworks, and shows.
- For reviews on similar events, consider reading reviews on “Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party.”
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party – Everything You Need to Know
- Duration & Timing: 7 pm to midnight.
- Early Entry: Ticket holders can access Magic Kingdom from 4 pm without needing an extra day theme park ticket.
|Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration||7:40 pm, 9:25 pm, 10:35 pm, 11:55 pm|
|Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks||22:00|
|Reindeer Wranglers at Country Bear Jamboree||Various|
|Mickey’s Once Upon A Christmastime Parade||8:30 pm, 11:00 pm|
|A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas||Various|
|Storybook Circus Disney Junior Jingle Jam & Club Tinsel||7 pm to midnight|
- Adventureland: Jingle Cruise, Magic Carpets of Aladdin, Pirates of the Caribbean, Swiss Family Treehouse.
- Frontierland: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.
- Liberty Square: Haunted Mansion.
- Fantasyland: Various including Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.
- Tomorrowland: Several attractions including Space Mountain with a holiday twist.
Updates & New Additions in MVMCP 2023:
- Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks: Hosted by Minnie Mouse with multiple holiday songs, including “Wonderful Christmas Time” by Paul McCartney.
- Attraction Overlays: Four Magic Kingdom attractions have special enhancements for the holidays. Notably, Tomorrowland Speedway offers a festive setting with decorations, while Space Mountain features holiday lighting and Christmas music.
- New Cinderella Castle forecourt stage show “Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration” replaced “Celebrate the Season”.
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Moverview & Tips
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Offerings:
- Mickey’s Once Upon A Christmastime Parade
- A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas Show
- Totally Tinsel Tomorrowland Trio (holiday ride overlays)
- Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration
- Reindeer Wranglers
- Character Dance Parties
- Character Meet and Greets in holiday attire
- Complimentary cookies and hot cocoa
- Snow on Main Street
- Fireworks Holiday Dessert Party at Tomorrowland Terrace (separate purchase)
Pro Tip: After December 22, the standard daytime parade in Magic Kingdom becomes the Christmas Parade. This period also sees the biggest crowds.
MVMCP 2023 Tips & More Details:
- Planning: Unlike Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party, the Christmas Party doesn’t require a rigorous plan. You can have a relaxed pace.
- Fireworks Holiday Dessert Party: Though tempting, this dessert party might not be the best use of time or money. It offers a buffet and a viewing area for fireworks but doesn’t include the parade view or MVMCP admission.
- Exclusive Food & Refreshments: The Magic Kingdom boasts a variety of Christmas treats. Plus, complimentary refreshments like cookies and hot cocoa are offered. The Peppermint Crunch cookie is a must-try!
- Mickey’s Once Upon A Christmastime Parade: Watch the parade from Main Street for a magical experience. It’s an ambiance hard to replicate elsewhere.
- Shows: Give A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas Show a chance; it might grow on you. The Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration is also a hit, albeit with a peculiar song.
- Character Dance Parties: The Junior Jingle Jam in Storybook Circus and Club Tinsel in Tomorrowland’s Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe are fun spots to groove and warm up.
- Fireworks: Ensure a 180-degree view of Cinderella Castle for the best experience of Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks.
- Character Meet & Greets: If meeting characters is on your agenda, strategize. Waits can be long, especially for exclusive characters like Jack Skellington in his “Sandy Claws” outfit and Sally.
- Snow on Main Street: Experience the magic of “snow” in Florida. Though not real, it adds to the Christmas charm.
Bottom Line: Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party is packed with entertainment and festive joy. Plan accordingly, embrace the holiday spirit, and most importantly, have fun!
Review Summary: Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party at Walt Disney World
We’re passionate Christmas enthusiasts and have attended Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party over a dozen times since 2007. The Magic Kingdom is transformed with festive decorations, snow, lighting, and themed music, creating a magical ambiance that draws us back every year.
However, the party is now quite pricey, starting at $149 per adult. It’s almost equivalent to a one-day ticket, which might be on top of multi-day passes you’ve purchased. While the event is delightful, one has to consider if it’s worth the high cost. For us, the unique Christmas spirit, parade, and fireworks justify our continued visits.
For those considering attendance but wary of the expense, a potential strategy is to buy Walt Disney World tickets for one less day. Instead, you can spend the morning on a free self-guided resort hotel tour and enter the Magic Kingdom at 4 pm for the Christmas Party. It’s a slight saving, but every bit counts.
Previously, these parties were known for low crowds, but that’s changed. Some nights can be as packed as regular Magic Kingdom evenings. If you’re budget-conscious and travelling during the party’s run, perhaps consider other free festive offerings at Walt Disney World. However, if the Christmas vibe appeals to you and you’re not deterred by the price, we’d recommend experiencing it at least once.
Please share in the comments your thoughts on MVMCP 2023.